If a beautiful ring doesn’t fit anymore, have it expertly sized so that you can enjoy it again.
Our expert goldsmiths can size silver, gold, and platinum. Some rings are very difficult to size because of diamonds down the band, but we have solutions for almost any situation. Even if another jeweller says otherwise, our decades of goldsmith experience have given us the ability to make miracles happen.
Ring sizing up in Gold Starts at $85.00
Ring sizing down in Gold starts at $65.00
Ring sizing up in Silver starts at $45.00
Ring Sizing down in Silver starts at $35.00
Ring Sizing in Platinum starts at $300.00
Frequently asked questions:
What is ring sizing?
Most rings can be made larger or smaller through a process called “ring sizing” or “ring resizing”. Most rings can be safely sized to another ring size.
How long does ring sizing take?
Depending on the size of the project, we may be able to complete the work while you wait! This will, of course, be discussed when you set up an appointment.
Ring sizing normally takes 2-3 business days. If it is an emergency, we can have it done the same day for a small extra charge.
Do you guarantee your ring sizing?
We have expert goldsmiths and staff to guarantee that every ring sizing is done in a solid and strong way, with the correct metal used for a permanent solder joint. We guarantee that the fit will be perfect when you pick it up.
Do you do sizing for antique jewellery?
Yes! We are experts at preserving historically significant pieces of jewellery. Our staff will advise you on the techniques we will use to preserve historical family heirloom quality jewellery.
How do I find out my ring size?
We will gladly assist you in finding out your ring size. Here are some tips for ring sizing:
- Have a ring that already fits you professionally measured by a jeweller. If you do not have a ring to measure, you will need to measure your finger.
- If you are measuring your finger, measure your finger when it is warm — finger sizes change throughout the day, depending on temperature, activity, and diet. A ring that fits well will slide on easily but will offer a bit of resistance for a couple of seconds when being removed from the finger.
- Ring size is generally 1/2 size larger for the fingers on the dominant hand (the one used for writing).
- If your finger is a lot larger around the knuckle than at the base of your finger, you will want to choose a size that slides on with a small bit of effort, with the ring fitting snugly enough over your knuckle with a bit of resistance as you slip it on so that even if your ring is loose at the base of your finger, your ring will not slip off.
- It is a good idea to have your finger sized by trying on ring sizers of the same width of the band you are sizing. Some jewellers will attempt to size your finger using a collection of very thin rings that are attached to a large ring.
- Rings can be sized to 1/4 sizes, but generally, 1/4 sizes are more relevant in smaller finger sizes.
- Please keep in mind that fingers are soft and not completely round (unlike a metal ring), and that the best ring fit for you will be one that will stay on your finger securely and comfortably.